IACC’s Social Impact Initiative
Everyone’s Voice Matters
IACC and our global membership community are committed to delivering meaningful social change.
We’re seeing more and more people expect businesses to act with purpose and not just to pay lip-service to the importance, but to implement policies and programs that actually make sense with their business and drive real change.
Buyers and business event attendees are smart. They can immediately see if there’s artifice beneath the work a venue is doing and are more vocal than ever in exposing that artifice. IACC venues approach social impact with a deep sense of our unique perspective and value to the issues we care about.
IACC will create opportunity and take responsibility to improve our efficiency, reputation, legacy and environmental impact through our social practices, through three main pillars of focus, People, Community and Environment.
Every IACC member wishing to embrace Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DE&I), will be offered pathways to information through IACC’s Knowledge Hub and education at IACC online and live events. The Better Tomorrow Foundation, funded by IACC venues, will support individuals and groups to grow and make a difference.
Resources & Information
On the IACC Blog:
- The IACC Community Demonstrates Kindness and Compassion During the Coronavirus Crisis.
- What Makes a Brilliant Meeting Venue? – 8 Key Considerations
Webinars On Demand: Defining Reality, Showing Up With Empathy & Heart
In 2020, IACC will create a knowledge hub comprising of case studies, guides, best practices and suppliers in key aspects of looking after our People, Communities, and Environment.
IACC Supports the Following Industry Organisations in the Pursuit of Social Responsibility Excellence
- Tango Tab – A mobile App working to eradicate hunger. Participating restaurants donate meals to Tango every time you “check-in” to their establishments in the app. Tango then feeds people in need through the monthly meals provided from the usage of this app.
- Fulfilling People Potential Through Mental Health – James Lee Associates
- What You Should Know About Corporate Social Responsibility – MPI
- Positive Impact Events
- Events Industry Council – Sustainable Events Standard
- Events Industry Council – Sustainable Event Professional Certificate Programme.